The Columbia City Farmers’ Market runs April through October! Visit the market for a wonderful variety of locally grown produce. Hours are 3-7 PM every Wednesday.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are for sale at the new Othello Public Market.
Many Washington State farms deliver fresh produce to the Southeast Seattle area with CSA boxes. Learn more about CSAs and produce delivery from Puget Sound Fresh here.
Good Food Bags
These are low cost CSA style bags with produce fresh from the urban farm.
Food Banks are service sites that provide food and other household supplies to low-income and homeless people. The Seattle Human Services Department funds 17 food bank sites across Seattle. Local food bank sites are:
- Rainier Food Bank (4205 Rainier Avenue South)
- El Centro (2524 16th Avenue South)
- Beacon Avenue Food Bank (6230 Beacon Avenue South)
- ACRS (919 So. King St.)
- Emergency Feeding Program of Seattle and King County (7100 42nd Avenue South)
- Senior Nutrition Project Food Bags – coordinated by the Pacific Asian Empowerment Program (5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S) Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12-2PM
Get Involved — Be a Food Animator
Do you have a project idea for helping your community access more fresh fruits and vegetables? Interested in sharing recipes with your neighbors or organizing a group visit to the Farmers’ Market? Please e-mail or call Diana Vinh at 206-412-0478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.