Examples of available growing options are described below…
Sign up for a plot at a local P-patch. Information about the P-patch program can be found here.
Work with neighbors to grow, harvest, and share foods from a local community garden. There are three community gardens in Southeast Seattle.
- Rainier Beach Learning Garden hosted by Seattle Tilth
- Mt. Baker garden hosted by Seattle Tilth
- El Centro de la Raza Community Garden — 2524 16th Avenue South
There are three urban farms strung along the light rail route like a string of delicious pearls.
- The Seattle Community Farm – this farm is sponsored by Solid Ground and is just north of the Columbia City station
- The second is the Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands next to the Rainier Beach station
- The third is the Jefferson Park Food Forest – in the very early planning stages and next to the Beacon Hill station
- Alleycat Acres Urban Farm opened in February 2010
A Great Resource
Please visit Seattle Tilth for more growing options in Southeast Seattle!