This recipe was served at our January Community Kitchen Dinner at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands. The menu consisted of traditional Southern New Year’s food — “peas for pennies, greens for dollars, and cornbread for gold!”
Recipe adapted from spendwithpennies.com.
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika (can use part smoked paprika for a smoky flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like more heat)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all spices together and store in an airtight container.