A Sunny Hello to Everyone!
Many of you have expressed interest in volunteering for Community Kitchens Northwest, some are already involved, and for some of you, this may be the first time that you’ve heard from me. Thank you for offering your time and skills to our program and I hope that each of you will have an opportunity to get involved.
There are several opportunities that have opened up that I want to let everyone know about, please respond to me with your specific interest and from there I will be connecting you with the appropriate person.
Ongoing cooking clubs: these clubs meet every week for the remainder of the school year, anywhere from 8-25 students participate
- Rainier Beach High School – Thursdays 2:45-4:30pm
- Ballard High School – Mondays afterschool
- Seattle World School (Miller Community Center on Capitol Hill) – Fridays afterschool
- Nathan Hale High school (Meadowbrook Community Center in north Seattle) Wednesdays 3-5pm
One time events:
- May 12 – tabling at a church event promoting community kitchens/good food bags – south Seattle
- May 24 – catering 600 appetizers for Multicultural School Event
- June 15 – BBQ at Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetland (RBUFW) – this is part of our community dinner series
- July 14 – cooking for the Community Alliance for Global justice (CAGJ) fundraising dinner – Supporting Local Economies Everywhere (SLEE)
Please let me know if you have any specific questions. Thanks you again for being willing to volunteer with our organization!
Community Kitchen Program Manager, Seattle Tilth