Join Rainier Valley Eats and thousands of other Americans as we join Food Day, a national grassroots campaign that brings together people and organizations from all over the country to push for a healthier, more affordable food system. On October 24th groups around the country will be hosting community food gatherings that inspire people to eat healthier and get involved.
1. On Food Day, October 24th, organize or attend a local food gathering – get together with friends and family for a dinner featuring fresh local ingredients, host a recipe exchange, preserve the season’s bounty at a canning party, volunteer in a soup kitchen or food bank, work in a garden, or however you want to get involved with the food system.
2. If possible, quickly register your event on Food Day’s website
3. Print this Rainier Valley Eats/Food Day poster pdf here- RaVE Facebook Photo Contest Poster
4. Take a photo at your Food Day gathering with the printed poster
5. ‘Like’ our facebook page and upload your photo to our Wall.
6. Tell your friends to vote for your photo by ‘Liking’ it!
*The photo with the most ‘Likes’ by October 30th will be the winner!*
WHAT could you win?
A gift basket with a fabulous selection of items from Rainier Valley Eats and Seattle Tilth including a book on urban gardening, seed packets, and a gift certificate to a local grocery store!
Also be sure to stay connected with Rainier Valley Eats on Facebook to join the event page for this contest and to receive updates and reminders leading up to Food Day. Feel free to post any questions on our Facebook page as well.
Thanks! And good luck everyone!