– ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 t dried oregano (or 2-3 t fresh, chopped)
– 1 large onion, in 3/8”-1/2” dice
– 2 cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), WITH LIQUID
– 1 can diced tomatoes
• In large, deep skillet, heat oil with oregano. Add onions and cook over medium heat until softened but not browned.
• Stir in garbanzo beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, 30-60 min, until liquid is significantly reduced. Check seasonings; add more oregano if desired.
• Good warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: Elizabeth Friedrich