– 2 small delicata squash, cubed
– 1 1/2 cups quinoa
– 5 cups water
– 1 bunch dinosaur kale, 1-inch pieces
– 1 cup pomegranate seeds
– 3/4 cup Feta cheese
– 1/2 cup parsley
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Toss the delicate squash with enough oil to make each piece shiny but not drenched in oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
• Spread on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 400°F about 25 minutes until soft.
• Boil water for quinoa. Once at a rolling boil, add quinoa and cook for 8-10 minutes, until it no longer has a white center and the tail falls off.
• Strain and set aside.
• Toss kale in bowl with oil, salt and pepper same as described above.
• Spread on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until slightly crispy but still vibrant green.
• De-seed pomegranate and place in small bowl.
• Chop parsley and feta cheese and place in another small bowl.
• Mix together the dressing in a measuring cup.
• Toss all ingredients together.
• Taste and adjust with salt or vinegar.
• Serve immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Makes 6-8 servings
– 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 Tablespoon garlic
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper