These little treats make the perfect accompaniment for any hot soup, with beans, or simply as an easy snack. They are naturally made without wheat or gluten yet still have a fluffy moist texture. Makes 12 cheese balls
– 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 tablespoon milk
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Combine the tapioca flour with salt and cheese.
• Mix the cheese in with your hands and break it into smaller pieces between your fingers or place in a cuisinart or blender and pulse a few times.
• Measure the oil in a measuring cup.
• Add the eggs and whisk with a fork.
• Stir into the flour mix until a dough ball forms.
• Knead a few times by pushing the dough down with your palm and folding it over. Repeat a few times, adding tapioca flour if the dough is too wet and sticky.
• Form the dough into 12 small balls by rolling a ping-pong sized piece between your palms.
• Place dough balls evenly on a baking tray and bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
• Remove when bread is golden brown. They will be slightly crunchy on the outside and soft and sticky on the inside.
For the Freezer
• Place the dough balls evenly on a baking tray and instead of placing in the oven, place it in the freezer overnight.
• When frozen all the way through, transfer the dough to a zip loc bag and remove as much air as possible.
• Seal the bag and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.