– 1 cup semolina flour
– 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3-5 tablespoons water
– 2 tablespoon oil
• Combine dry ingredients together.
• In a measuring cup, add the eggs, water, and oil and mix.
• Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients.
• Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a ball.
• Knead for about 5-8 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
• Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
• Cut into portions and roll out with rolling pin or in a pasta maker on lowest setting.
• Fold dough over and roll several times to work the gluten.
• When it is a smooth texture and works easily, begin to roll it at one higher setting
• Roll to desired thickness
• Roll dough through the noodle cutting attachment into desired size or fold dough over and cut with a knife to desired size
• Coat with flour to keep from sticking
• Bring water to a boil in a pot
• Place noodles in water for 3-4 minutes
• Drain and serve immediately
• Dry for 24 hours by hanging over pasta or clothes rack
• Package in airtight container and store in pantry or freezer.