Makes 3-4 servings
– 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 15-19 ounce can cannelloni or white great northern/navy beans
– 10 3/4 ounce can condensed reduced-sodium chicken noodle soup, undiluted (such as Campbell’s Healthy Request)
– 6 cups (about 3/4 pound) fresh spinach, or other greens (chopped)**
– 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
– (Optional) – additional 1/4 pound cooked ground turkey or chunks of cooked chicken or turkey
• Heat oil in pan over medium heat. (If using additional chicken or turkey, cook this first.) Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
• Stir in 1/2 cup water, red pepper flacks, black pepper, beans, and soup. Bring to boil.
• Add chopped spinach, and cook 2-5 minutes, just until wilted.
• Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
**One (10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry (about 1 1/4 cups) can be substituted for fresh spinach.
Adapted from “Cooking Light”