This recipe is a hit with both kids asnd adults! It’s very quick, tastes great as a side dish and can be reheated easily in the toaster oven or microwave. Throw on some red potatoes or russets for different colors. Makes 4-6 servings
– 4-6 medium sweet potatoes
– 1 tablespoon of Spice Mix (see recipe below)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Preheat oven to 425ºF
• Cut sweet potatoes in half.
• Cut each half into wedges the same size. (The potatoes will roast evenly when they are all cut the same size.)
• Place in bowl with spices and drizzle oil over.
• Toss in bowl to mix spices and oil to evenly coat potatoes.
• Place on baking sheet and place in oven on top shelf for 20-25 minutes, until cooked and soft all the way through.
• Check with tooth pick.
• Serve hot and enjoy!
• Don’t forget to turn the oven off!
Spice Mix Recipe
– 2 tablespoons salt
– 2 tablespoons paprika
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 154 (26% from fat) Total Fat 5 g Sat Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 363 mg Total Carbohydrate: 27 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 2 g Calcium: 41 mg Iron: 1 mg